Friday, November 8, 2019

meditationananswer for me

TM-The TM technique is not a religion, philosophy, or lifestyle. No belief or expectation is needed for it to be effective. after my stoke i lost the center of my worl my wife Dianne passed awayfromcancer anyone who knows me they knew dianne was the cener of my life friends reached out trying to help me. i could not stop thinking about her my mind raced when I tried to sleep Iouldn't sleep I realized i needed to quiet my mind.i lesrned how to meditate aftermy senior year of highschool. i had test anxiety. i would fail test i knew the answers for i went to a preparatory in Columbia south Carolina my mentor john Bridgers set me up to meet with psychologist to help me with my test anxiety.he taught me relaxation exercises. after I learnedthis techniqueI used it three times during the exam  I improved my sat score by 100 points.the dorm exam i stayed I used thitechniqueduring my act score was 29now. i couldn't slep alli di was to dream about my wife.i needed to calm my mind so i turned to meditation now i am moving toward transcendental meditation.

i have been able to shut down my random thoughts it has helped my health.Hundreds of studies have been conducted at more than 200 independent universities and research institutions, and published in peer-reviewed medical and scientific journals.The National Institutes of Health (NIH) have awarded over $26 million to research TM’s effectiveness on stress and stress-related conditions.The National Institutes of Health (NIH) have awarded over $26 million to research TM’s effectiveness on stress and stress-related conditions.

 

Published 2000 to present


  • Barnes VA, Bauza LB, Treiber FA. Impact of stress reduction on negative school behavior in adolescents. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes 2003 1(1):10
  • Barnes VA, Treiber FA, Davis H. Impact of Transcendental Meditation on cardiovascular function at rest and during acute stress in adolescents with high normal blood pressure. Journal of Psychosomatic Research 2001 51(4):597-605
  •  to learn more......www.tm.org

No comments:

Post a Comment